That night John and I had a chat and we concluded that giving Australia a chance is “a must”. The decision to move to Australia become a reality.
Our kids were blissfully unaware of the big change that was about to happen in their lives. We wanted them to carry on their normal life for as long as possible (just in case things didn’t work out and we would not end up going). Behind the scenes we have started operation “Australia 99”. We had exactly 99 days to wrap up our life in the UK and do everything possible to smooth our path once in Australia.
The list of tasks seemed compact but the execution of them turned out to be difficult, very stressful and time consuming.
In short it was:
- Finding a tenant for our place
- Deciding on a suburb in Melbourne to live in on arrival
- Decide on schools for Lily to attend
- Finding a place to live in Australia
- Packing up a house
- Buying tickets
- Having farewell BBQ (that unfortunately never happened due to life changing circumstances)
- Flying to Australia
Almost all of the above had to be done simultaneously which was not easy but doable. We just had to be organised… super-organised.